The Ontario Immigration Nominee Programme (OINP) is now inviting persons in the Express Entry Pool, who have at least one year of Skilled Trades Work Experience in Ontario and meet certain requirements, to apply for Permanent Residency under their Skilled Trades Stream.
To qualify under this stream, the applicant must have a Valid profile in the Express Entry Pool, qualify for the Canadian Experience class and have indicated an interest in residing in Ontario or “All Provinces and Territories” in their Express Entry Profile and receive a Notification of Interest from Ontario.
The eligibility requirements for the Ontario Skilled Trades Stream are:
- A minimum of One year Work Experience in Ontario within two years from the date of your Notification of Interest from Ontario. Work Experience must be in a Skilled Trade listed in “Minor Group 633 or Major Group 72, 73, or 82” of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) system.
- Have the required Trade Certification or License from the Ontario College of Trades, if this is required for the position
- Be Currently residing in Ontario and have a Valid Work Permit
- Have a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark CLB in English or French
- Have e minimum level of savings or income to support you and your family
- Intend to live in Ontario
Before submitting an application or accepting an Invitation to Apply, ensure that you meet the necessary requirements. For more details on the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Programme please refer to the Ontario Immigration website.
Nadine Mahabeer is a weekly guest on “Immigration Mondays” on Nationwide 90FM in Jamaica – Monday mornings at 10am – streaming live on the Internet.