Among Roman Catholics, it is traditional to abstain from eating meat on Ash Wednesday and every Friday during Lent. Fish specials are popping up everywhere and will continue until Easter Sunday, and so, if you’re looking for a seafood-based meal or a fish dish to serve for the Lenten season here’s a tasty Tilapia recipe that will just fit the bill. This tasty Tilapia Recipe can be your ultimate “fast food” on a busy weeknight! Make it today and turn even your pickiest of fish eaters into fans! You can spice it up even further by using some Irie Fish Seasoning instead of the suggested Cajun!
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons Cajun/Irie fish seasoning
- 1½ teaspoons dried onion flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon parsley flakes
- lemon pepper (to taste)
- In a large sauce pan, over medium heat, saute together everything except the fish.
- Add the fish, and adjust the heat to medium-high. The fish will cook quickly.
- Brown each side cooking for 3-4 minutes per side. (adjust temperature if needed).
- Be careful not to over-cook the fish